Saturday, August 31, 2013

Lego Book: Building Animals

Over a year ago I discovered a book at my local library book sale called "Lego Modelers: Build Amazing Animals" published by DK in 1999. It looked like a great book but I had some difficulty trying to build the animals as we were missing some of the pieces that were needed. Our collection has grown since then with auction buys of 10 pound miscellaneous boxes.  I've recently taken to the tedious task of organizing our Lego collection and discovered that we now had some of those missing pieces.  The most interesting one I used was part #6216, "Yellow Brick, Modified 2 x 4 x 2 No Studs, Triple Curved Top." This brick was used to make the hump on the camel.  Now all the colors might not be exact, as is the case with the rabbit but it was fun switching the colors up.  With that I bring you the pics of our first three animals we built:


Building Animals

DK1999

LazyCamel

Camel1

BouncyRabbit

Rabbit1

CraftyKangaroo

Kangaroo1

Animals

I'm looking forward to making more of the animals featured in the book this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment