Saturday, August 31, 2013

My First MOC - Lego Friends Sewing Machine

Last week I decided to try my hand at making my very first MOC (My Own Creation.)  I've been looking at the Lego Friends sets from the first wave that had come out and was sad to see that I was missing set 3936 - Emma's Fashion Design Studio.  It looked like a great mini-set with fantastic pieces like the printed ruler, the printed easel piece and the 4 drawers.  It's a retired set and as I checked the online prices found that the cheapest I could find was $25 on Amazon.  I decided to check Bricklink and found a seller (The Block Shopp) who had it for $10 new in bags with instructions, just no box.  Perfect!  I recycle the boxes anyway.  The seller also had some pieces for Drew's Star Wars sets so it was a win-win.

Ok so on to my MOC - I loved the look of the Design Studio set, great colors, nice mini-builds but I felt like something was missing.  I'm not a big seamstress myself, only learning how to finally use a sewing machine last year, but I thought it would be a nice add-on if I made Emma her own sewing machine.  I pulled up a generic pic of a sewing machine as a reference point and gathered my pieces as I went.  I'm sure I could have found a more perfect needle piece like a screwdriver but at the time I thought a light-saber hilt worked well.  I may change it in the future but for now I was proud of coming up with the design on my own!




Small MOC of a sewing machine to fit in the Design Studio set My First MOC Sewing Machine MOC

No comments:

Post a Comment