Thursday, September 5, 2013

Huge Lego Haul! Series 11 Minifigures, Lego Chima Sign, Lego Friends Auction

I went to our local Walmart yesterday and found that they had just stocked the Series 11 Lego Minifigures! I was shocked that Walmart got them this quickly as I just found Series 10 last week hanging by the clearance section (regular price.) By feeling the packages (always an uncomfortable and awkward time) and using the bump codes shown in Brick Tsar's YouTube videos we were able to find all 16! I'm going to put them in a case today quickly so they stay intact, my 6 year old really enjoys mixing them up. Here are all 16 minifigures:

  DSCN3189

(my personal favorites are the Scarecrow, Gingerbread Man, Elf, and Female Scientist)

We also found set 3818: Spongebob Squarepants: Bikini Bottom Undersea Party on clearance for $35. My oldest is almost done building the set and when it's all together I'll post a pic. Fantastic pieces and colors in that set and great play-ability.

 While we were at Walmart I happened to run into the Lego Rep who was stocking and taking down some of the signage. I'm usually not one to walk up to someone and ask for something but I decided to take a chance and ask her if I could take home the big Lego Chima sign that was in her cart. She was very nice and pleasant and more than happy to let me take it. We discussed what a difference Lego has made in my children's lives and how much it helps my oldest with his fine motor skills and other skills as he's on the autism scale. The sign is great and will look fantastic on the wall of our Lego room.  Time for me to peel off the wall decals from when it was a Pixar themed bedroom and start hanging our Lego Store posters too.

  ChimaSign

Last but certainly not least, my Lego Friends auction box arrived by FedEx yesterday.  I was a bit scared at first to check the box because when I got the shipping notification e-mail this last week that said the shipping weight was 3.2 pounds.  The auction said 7 pounds!  When I received the package the box said 3.2 but when I could clearly tell it was much heavier and when I used the scale it was exactly 7.  So I opened it up and saw a giant beautiful bag full of girly Lego pieces!  I know not everyone loves the Lego Friends sets and yes some of the stickers and decals are downright nauseating but I love the play-ability, unique colors (other than pink and purple) and the just plain fun builds.  I was definitely spot on with most of my predictions as to what was in the box as well as being pleasantly surprised at how complete most of the sets were.  So far we've been able to assemble The City Park Cafe and Olivia's House!  I'm now working on assembling the Heartlake Pool.  It looks like I might have a complete Beauty Shop, Heartlake Vet and Stephanie's Pet Patrol.   I'll post pictures of the sets as they are completed.  Looks like my next bricklink order will be to fill in what is missing like the fridge in Olivia's House.  I couldn't have asked for a better auction of a mystery bag!


DSCN3191


DSCN3194

Also a big "Thank you! " goes out to the Brick Show for commenting on my sons' YouTube video "Kid Brick Show."  They are huge fans of the Brick Show and were so excited to know that they saw the video.  We had the pleasure of meeting Jason and Stephen at the Brickfair in Virginia last month, they are great guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment